Ranthambore National Park
It is the only national park where tigers can be seen in its natural habitat, which is located in the sawai madhopur district of the rajasthan.
Ranthambore national park is spread in an area of 392 sq km and it is a merely at a distance of 150 km from the state capital Jaipur. It is firstly is eastablished as the sawai madhopur game sanctuary in 1955 by the government of India, Ranthambore then declared as the Tiger project in 1973 then eastablished as the Ranthambore national park in the 1980. Ranthambore is the place which is famous for the tigers. Tigers which are getting with the passing time are the most famous animal in the Ranthambore tiger reserve. It is located in Sawai madhopur district of the state Rajasthan. It is the best place for those who love to look tigers and for the wildlife photographers. It is the place which contains mixed things like wildlife, nature and history.
It is also known for its tiger sighting in India and it’s the only reason that it attracts most of the tiger lovers towards it, tigers can be seen even in the daytime at ranthambore, a good time to visit ranthambore is between October to june.
The other animals that can be seen at ranthambore are leopard, wild boar, sloth bear, blue bull, deer, sambhar, hyena, cheetal etc the ranthambore national park has several lakes and water bodies which increase the beauty of ranthambore and also provide adequate water supply to the flora and fauna of ranthambore that is the reason that crocodile is also spotted at the ranthambore, some of the famous lakes of the ranthambore are malik lake, padma lake.
Ranthambore national park has dry deciduous elements with Anogessius pendula forests,mix deciduous elements can be found in the valleys and along the water bodies,the flora of ranthambore consist of 539 varieties of flowering plants.
Ranthambore national that’s why due to its flora and fauna attracts many tourists not only from India but from all parts of the world.
Visiting Ranthambore Tiger reserve
There are many things that are to be seen in the Ranthambore tiger reserve which is listed below.
1. Tigers – Ranthambore is considered amongst the national parks which have the possibility of spotting a tiger. It is the best national park. The predator can be seen basking under the sun. The most different characteristic of the tigers of Ranthambore is that they are visible in the daylight also. The tigers are not afraid of the humans and vehicles and thus they are seen hunting their prey in daytime.
2. Forest – The Park is the combination of open grassy meadow and dry forest. The park is wide spread in a huge area and the flora of the park contains around 539 species of the flowering plants.
3. Safari rides – The safari ride is the good option for spotting a tiger in the forest. The timings of the rides are 6.30 am to 2.30 pm. Each ride is of 3 hours. You can either opt for the 20 seat open canter or a seat open gypsy for the safari ride. The costs of ride per person are Rs. 700 to 800. The park is divided into ones and each safari goes into different zones in hunt of the tiger. Visitors take multiple rides to spot the tiger as the tiger spotting is rare.
4. Padam talao – there are many water bodies in the national park and amongst them Padam talao is the largest lake. Red sandstone is found at the edge of the lake and there is a banyan tree which is considered as the second largest banyan tree near the lake.
5. Ranthambore fort – The Ranthambore national park is the combination of wildlife and history. The park contains a fort which was built in the 10th century. The fort is 700 feet above the plain. There are 3 temples devoted to ganesh, Shiva and ramlalaji respectively in fort. There are some other temples which were constructed in the 12th and 13th centuries.